38 Social Selling Stats That Will Help You Close Deals Faster
If you are still on the fence about whether social selling is right for you in your business, take a look at these statistics courtesy of zoominfo.
The State of Social Selling
- 93% of sales executives have not received any formal training on social selling
- 80% believe their salesforce would be more productive with greater social media presence but, 2/3 of companies have no social media strategy for their sales organization
- 50.1% of social salespeople spend 5-10% of their time on social media
- 53% of salespeople want help in understanding social selling better How Effective is Social Selling?
- 78% of salespeople using social media perform better than their peers
- IBM increased its sales by 400% thanks to its inbound social selling program
- Sales reps who viewed the profiles of at least 10 people at each of their accounts were 69% more likely to exceed quota than those who viewed 4 or fewer
- Social sellers generate 38% more new opportunities than traditional sellers
- 90% of top salespeople use social selling tools, compared with 71% of overall sales professionals
- 62% of employees at large companies agreed that social selling enables them to build stronger, more authentic relationships with customers and prospects
- Social media has a 100% higher lead-to-close rate than outbound marketing
- 63.4% of Social sellers reported an increase in company sales revenue, compared to 41.2% of non-social sellers
- Sales teams who embrace social experience report 18% more pipeline (volume) and 28% velocity increase
- The majority of social sellers with long-term training in place (78%) hit their revenue goals in the past 12 months versus those without formalized training (38%)
- Salespeople leveraging social selling experience a 31% higher ROI than those who stick to traditional tactics
- Content shared by employees receive 8x more engagement than the same content shared by company/brand channels
- Brand messages are re-shared 24x more when shared by employees vs. brand/corporate accounts 90% of an employee’s social audience is new to the brand
- Messages reach 561% further when shared by employees vs. the same messages shared via official corporate social channels
- Employees have on average 10 times more social connections than a brand does
- 54% of salespeople who use social media can track their social media usage back to at least one closed deal
- Sales reps who leverage social selling in their sales process are 79% more likely to attain their quota than those who don’t use it
- Sales teams that use social selling techniques exceed their quota 31% more than non-users
Social Selling and The Buyer’s Journey
- 77% of B2B purchasers said that they would not even speak to a salesperson until they had done their own research
- 55% of all buyers do their research by using social networks
- Over 70% of B2B purchase decision makers use social media to help them decide
- 81% of buyers are more likely to engage with a strong, professional brand
- 90% of decision-makers never answer a cold call, but 75% of B2B buyers use social media to make purchasing decisions
- 84% of C-level and VP-level buyers use social media for purchasing
- 75% of B2B buyers consult social media when making purchasing decisions
- Over 45% of those who use social media for purchasing either influence or make the final decisions on a companywide level
- Nearly 82% of buyers viewed between five to eight pieces of content from a winning vendor
- 82 percent of B2B prospects are active on social media
- 65% of buyers agree that vendor’s content has a significant impact on their buying decision
- 89% of customers begin their buying process with a search engine
- 90% of C-suite executives say they never respond to cold calls or email blasts
- 82% of B2B decision makers think sales reps are unprepared
- 50% of identified sales leads via traditional methods are not ready to buy
There you have it, 38 social selling stats
Well thats it, 38 social selling stats. If you were ever on the fence about social selling and its benefits, hopefully I have encouraged you to embrace a social selling strategy for you and your business.
Feel free to leave me your thoughts in the comments below.
Are you using social selling in your business ?
How successful has it been ?
Follow me to learn more sales tips and strategies: