Top Sales & Marketing Trends for 2021
Hey there, Scott here from Scott Allan Online. In todays article we are talking about Top B2B Lead Generation Trends for 2021.
What a year it has been…and it’s not over yet
Before we look forward to 2021, let’s take a moment to consider
the significant shift that has occurred for sales professionals,
consumers and businesses across the world this year.
Your sales teams were, and many continue to, asked to sell from
anywhere, and to adjust to doing so in a matter of days or weeks.
They shifted from a mixture of phone, email and face to face
meetings and events to outreaching through phone, video and
online chat. Sales leaders have shifted to hire, coach and grow
teams remotely, with technology becoming ever more important
to collaborate and gain the visibility that existed when we were
all in the same place.
Millions of companies crowd the B2B and B2C universe, vying for the same share of business. As new companies join the space, existing companies will find it increasingly difficult to generate new leads. As bleak as this sounds for salespeople and marketers, we remain hopeful.
The bottom line is lead generation will never go extinct. There will always be prospects who need products, services or solutions. That won’t change. What will change, however, is this: Salespeople and business owners who fail to adapt to the changing landscape that is the new normal will fall behind.
As such, it’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest lead generation trends, technological advances, and- as always- your customer base. Ready to learn more about the state of 2021 lead generation? Keep reading.
According to my friends at The Marketing Helpline, here are the most important sales, marketing and lead generation statistics to inform and evolve your marketing strategy for 2021 and beyond:
Content marketing statistics
- 91% of companies are using content marketing, just 77% of those have a strategy in place. (source).
- Only 9% of marketers think their strategy is excellent. (source).
- 91% of customers are more likely to work with brands displaying authenticity and value in their content (source).
- 84% of B2B marketers are now outsourcing blog work and other types of content. (source).
- Articles that contain images receive 94% more views than those without, and video content will help to keep readers on the page, which means good things for your bounce rate – as well as being fifty times more likely to receive organic search traffic. (source).
Video marketing statistics
- 89% of marketing professionals that use video say that it provides a good return on investment, and over half of consumers want more video from the brands that they work with. (source).
- Content marketing is used for lead generation by 83% of B2B marketers (source).
- 70% of B2B marketers claim that videos are more effective than other content when it comes to converting users to qualified leads (source).
- Social media posts that contain video see an increase views of up to 48% compared to those without (source).
- 54% of senior executives share video with colleagues at least weekly – and since they are the ones with the buying power, adding great video content to LinkedIn, and getting a lot of likes and shares on the platform is almost certain to lead to success. (source).
B2B Lead Generation Statistics: The Challenges
- 63% of marketers say generating traffic and leads is their top challenge (source).
- 80% of marketers say their lead generation efforts are only slightly or somewhat effective (source).
- Lack of resources such as staff, funding, and time remains the biggest obstacle to successful lead generation efforts for 61% of B2B marketers (source).
- Only 16% of marketers say outbound practices provide the highest quality leads for sales (source).
- 42% of B2B marketing professionals state that a lack of quality data is their biggest barrier to lead generation (source).
- 79% of marketing leads never convert into sales. Lack of nurture is the main cause for this (source).
- 49% of B2B marketers site social media marketing as the most difficult lead generation tactic to execute (source).
The Marketing Helpline
I have to thank Aires and the team at The Marketing Helpline whose research informed the bulk of this article. I highly encourage you to check out their full article here: https://themarketinghelpline.com/marketing-statistics/
Thanks for taking the time to read this article, if you got some value from it, you may want to check out my free 4 video masterclass at 7 Figure Sales Academy where I cover all this and more using my PACER methodology, along with a large range of tools, resources and frameworks for communicating and selling to the modern customer. Or you can grab a free copy of my book 7 Figure Sales Skills by clicking here.
See you next time